User Review( votes)
The Bosch Tassimo Coffee maker has been around for as long as Keurig brewers. Why did the Keurig K-Cups brewers become a household name while the Tassimo T-Disc brewers fell into relative obscurity? One might conclude that the Keurig was simply the better machine, but not so fast. See the Demo before you give up on the Bosch Tassimo Coffee Maker.
Six Years Later
As indicated by my brief demonstration above, the Bosch Tassimo coffee machine, six years later, is still technologically superior to the Keurig brewers in many ways:
- Ultra Fast brew time: Even from a completely cold start-up, the Keurig dispenses a cup of piping hot water nearly instantly.
- Versatility: The Tassimo uses bar-code technology to determine type of coffee and is capable of making numerous different types of coffee drinks like Espresso, Cappuchino, Americano, Lattes, etc., etc.
- Simplicity and Flexibility: The Bosch Tassimo coffee maker is far less complicated than most Keurig brewers. There is an on-off button and a dial button. You can make a larger cup by pressing the right side of the round brew button and continue to add to it by pressing it again and again. I wouldn’t do this because I don’t like weak coffee, but it is perfect for some who prefer the coffee to not be quite as strong as what comes out the first time. Coffee size is initially determined by the T-Disc that you use and varies from 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 16 ounces.
- Portability: The Tassimo is much shorter than most Keurig brewers, yet still holds up to 60oz of water without the optional water filter. You can fit it under tight counter spaces or take it with you on road trips. I love the nifty handle that makes the water reservoir so easy to fill and carry.
- Cleaning: Every Keurig brewer I’ve ever tried has little nooks and crannies that get filled with coffee grounds and are hard to clean. There are not many options for removing the parts of the brewer that get dirty. On the Bosch Tassimo coffee machine, the necessary parts pop out, giving you easy access to cleaning thoroughly.
Why did Keurig become the Go-To Favorite over Bosch Tassimo Coffee Maker?
I think the simple answer to this is marketing. I ended up buying a Keurig myself even though the Tassimo machine was still in perfect order simply because the K-Cups were much cheaper and easier to find than the T-Disc coffees. Many common grocery stores are not carrying the Tassimo coffee at all while Keurig K-Cups are everywhere the eye can see. Still, there are some excellent and compelling choices for Tassimo drinkers if you shop at places like Bed Bath & Beyond and Amazon.
Tassimo T-Disc Coffee
Best Place to Buy T-Discs
Amazon and Bed Bath & Beyond have an excellent selection of Tassimo Coffee. Even though T-Discs are not as widely available as K-Cups, the prices have become much more competitive since I made the switch to Keurig about 6 years ago. For example, you can get a 16-pack of King of Joe Espresso Coffee for $9.50. This is a highly rated flavor. One of the best deals is the Tassimo Costa Americano which comes in a package of 16 large cup servings. This is a little over 0.50 a cup putting it right in line with many of the K-Cups favorites. If you want a huge 12 ounce cup of coffee and you like your coffee bold like me, you will probably appreciate the Gevalia Kaffe Bold Majestic Roast T-Discs. I think the Tassimo Marcilla Cafe Largo looks interesting and for Latte Machiato the Carte Noire is an excellent choice.
Where to buy a Tassimo Coffee Maker
While Tassimo is still making great coffee Bosch is still making great coffee makers and they haven’t changed that much.